How to redirect 'My Documents' Windows 7.
Your user folder should be a mapped network drive inside Computer. Verify that you have a U: drive inside Computer, it will be among your mapped network drives. If you do not have a user folder mapped, submit a work order to have a user folder created for you. If you do have a drive U: proceed with the following steps.
- Click Start
- Click your name at the top right
- Right-click on My Documents and choose Properties
- Click the tab labeled Location
- In the location field change the path by typing U:\My Documents and click Move
- Once the move is complete click OK
All of the items stored in My Documents are now stored on the server and will be part of the backup.