Accessing eResources Remotely
Access to licensed library research materials (eResources) requires a special usernname/password combination.
To learn that username/password combination, login here, or call 318-869-5047.
Subscription Database Index
Core Math, Science, English, and Computer skills can be sharpened. Student Success, Career & Grad School Admissions Preparation can be understood. Placement Test, ACT, and SAT Preparation can be mastered.
Scholarly articles, news, and research on topics in most subject areas. Here is a video on how to search EBSCO databases.
Accesses ACS publications with content from 1996 through the current year. You can download the ACS Central Science app for easy access to groundbreaking research.
The American Chemical Society also has a YouTube channel here.
Covers topics including social sciences, biomedical sciences, and physical sciences reviews.
• Analytical Chemistry • Anthropology • Astronomy & Astrophysics • Biochemistry • Biomedical Engineering • Biophysics
• Cell and Developmental Biology • Clinical Psychology • Computer Science • Earth and Planetary Sciences
• Ecology, Evolution and Systematics • Entomology • Environment and Resources • Fluid Mechanics • Genetics
• Genomics and Human Genetics • Immunology • Law and Social Science • Materials Research • Medicine • Microbiology
• Neuroscience • Nuclear and Particle Science • Nutrition • Pathology: Mechanisms of Disease
• Pharmacology and Toxicology • Physical Chemistry• Physiology • Phytopathology • Plant Biology • Political Science
• Psychology • Public Health • Sociology • Virology • Vision Science
Offers authoritative reference content alongside magazine and journal articles, primary sources, videos, audio podcasts, and images. Covering a vast array of people from historically significant figures to present-day newsmakers.
This video shows the basics of using Biography in Context.
In-depth coverage of political and social issues, with regular reports on international affairs, education, the environment, technology, and the U.S. economy. There is an introductory overview; background and chronology on the topic; an assessment of the current situation; tables and maps; pro/con statements from representatives of opposing positions; and bibliographies of key sources.
A unique cross-referencing technology, Credo Reference delivers authoritative answers to millions of researchers worldwide. Publisher and Subject Collections offer libraries deep reference content from over 1200 reference titles. Here are some videos on how to conduct searches on Credo Online Reference Service.
• • Abstracts in Social Gerontology
• • Academic Search Complete • • Agricola • • AHFS Consumer Medication Information • • Alt Health Watch • • American Doctoral Dissertations 1933-1955 • • Art Full Text
• • Art Index Retrospective 1929-1984 • • Book Collection: Nonfiction • • Business Source Complete • • CINAHL Plus with Full Text • • Computer Source • • E-Book Academic Collection • • E-Book Collection • • E-Journals
• • Educational Administration Abstracts • • Environment Index
• • ERIC (Educational Resource Information Center) • •European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750 • • Family Studies Abstracts • • Fuente Academica • • Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
• • GeoRef • • GeoRef In Process • • GreenFILE • • Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition
• • History Reference Center • • Hospitality & Tourism Index • • Human Resources Abstracts
• • Information Science & Technology Abstracts (ISTA) • • Legal Collection
• • Library/Information Sciences & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) with Full Text • • Literary Reference Center
• • MAS Ultra - School Edition • • MedicLatina • • MEDLINE • • Mental Measurements Yearbook
• • Military & Government Collection • • MLA Directory of Periodicals • • MLA International Bibliography
• • Newspaper Source • • Peace Research Abstracts • • Philosopher's Index • • Primary Search • • Professional Development Collection • • PsycARTICLES • • PsycBOOKS • • PsycINFO • • PsycTESTS • • Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection • • Public Administration Abstracts • • Race Relations Abstracts
• • Referencia Latina • • Regional Business News • • Religion and Philosophy Collection • • Science & Technology Collection • • Serials Directory • • Shock & Vibration Digest • • SocINDEX with Full Text • • Teacher Reference Center
• • Urban Studies Abstracts • • Vente et Gestion • • Violence & Abuse Abstracts
EBSCO Historical Databases Recently Added
"Partnering with the American Antiquarian Society (AAS), the premier library documenting the life of America's people from the Colonial Era through the Civil War and Reconstruction, EBSCO provides digital access to the most comprehensive collection of American periodicals published between 1684 and 1912.
The fifty thematic subsets from AAS Historical Periodicals include digitized images of the pages of American magazines and journals not available from any other source and provide rich content detailing American history and culture from the mid-18th century through the late-19th century. These specialized collections cover advertising, health, women's issues, science, the history of slavery, industry and professions, religious issues, culture and the arts, and more."
• • Agricultural Periodicals from the Northeastern US, 1789-1879 • • Agricultural Periodicals from the Southern, Midwestern, and Western US, 1800-1878 • • Commercial Periodicals from the Southern US, 1811-1877
Applied Science & Technology
• • American Literary Periodicals, 1782-1834 • • American Literary Periodicals, 1835-1858 • • American Literary Periodicals, 1859-1891 • • Cultural Periodicals from the Southern US, 1797-1877 • • Drama, Humor, and Fine Arts Periodicals, 1764-1877 • • Fireside Companions and Family Literature Periodicals, 1805-1877 • • Literary Periodicals of New England, 1789-1878 • • Story Papers, Dimes and Dollar Periodicals, 1828-1877
• • Advertising Periodicals, 1815-1888 • • Business and General Education Periodicals, 1800-1885 (also found in the Education collection) • • Business, Industrial and Professional Periodicals, 1774-1858 • • Business, Industrial and Professional Periodicals, 1859-1870 • • Business, Industrial and Professional Periodicals, 1871-1901
• • African American Historical Series Collection • •American Civil War Periodicals, 1855-1868 • • American Political and Social Movements Periodicals, 1815-1884 • • American Political Periodicals, 1715-1891 • • Canadian Periodicals, 1790-1877 • • Current Events and History Periodicals, 1691-1912 • • Foreign Language Periodicals in America, 1684-1904 • • Hobbies, Socialization, and Sport Periodicals, 1775-1889 • • Masons, Odd-Fellows and Other Societal Periodicals, 1794-1877 • • Military and Law Enforcement Periodicals, 1691-1877 • • Periodicals from Around the World, 1691-1880 • • Periodicals of the American West, 1779-1881 • • Periodicals of the British Empire and Its Colonies, 1702-1879 • • Slavery and Abolition, 1789-1887
• • Alternative Faith and Philosophy Periodicals, 1789-1878 • • Baptists, Quakers, and Independent Church Periodicals, 1797-1881 • • Catholic, Lutheran, Methodist, and Episcopal Periodicals, 1797-1904 • • Congregational, Presbyterian, and Reformed Church Periodicals, 1803-1902 • • Emerging American Religions, 1821-1895 • • General Interest Christian Periodicals, 1743-1889 • • Missionary and Charity Periodicals, 1793-1902 • • Religious Periodicals for Women, Children, and Families, 1804-1878 • • Religious Periodicals from the Southern US, 1801-1904 • • Sunday School Periodicals, 1818-1885 • • Temperance Periodicals in America, 1826-1877 • • Theology and Biblical Studies Periodicals, 1760-1877
Here is a video on how to search EBSCO databases.
Includes Encyclopedia Britannica, Britannica's Internet Guide, Multimedia files, an interactive world atlas, timelines, Book of the Year, Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and Collegiate Thesaurus 10th Edition.
Maintained by the Department of Education, the ERIC website is the world's largest collection of education article citations. Here is an instructional video on searching ERIC.
Online collection of general and subject-specific encyclopedias on all major topic areas. Here is a video on how to conduct a search in Gale Virtual Reference Library.
A comprehensive Internet resource for research and communications in the geosciences.
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Google Scholar helps you find relevant work across the world of scholarly research.
Ingentaconnect provides researchers with online access to the full text of electronic articles, through online purchase of individual articles, or through subscriptions to publications.
JSTOR Arts and Sciences I, II, and III Interdisciplinary Collections
JSTOR is an online library of journals, academic ebooks, and primary sources. Here is a video on how to search JSTOR.
Users need to create a free account by clicking on the link above.
An interactive online learning platform of practice tests (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, and MCAT) and tutorial course series designed to help students succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass.
For graduate school practice tests and study books, mouse over the drop down menu for "All Centers" and click on "College Center". Under the "Resources" drop down menu, click on "Prepare for Graduate School Admissions Exams".
Create your own personal account for a better user experience. Nexis Uni provides access to billions of searchable documents and records from more than 45,000 legal, news and business sources. Also provides access to Shepard's Citations service for all federal and states court cases back to 1789. Contains full text articles from key journals and is valuable for business, management, tax, and legal research.
For a brief overview of the new Nexis Uni interface, refer to the following video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MUED6Lo13M&index=4&list=PLdbPh35WxTMqcEizkbuKF6ev9PIvupOAJ
Biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of more than 120,000 authors from every age and literary discipline.
Here is a short video about how to conduct a search on Literature Resource Center.
A source which recalls the plots of the world's great works of literature or provides a concise summary of books worth reading.
Offers access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature.
Here is a video on search result sorting in MathSci Net.
Full-text searching of all OED's definitions, etymologies, and quotations.
This is the world's most comprehensive collection of multidisciplinary dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1861 to the present day. Coverage includes business, health and medicine, history, literature and language, science and technology, social sciences, and the arts.
Proquest Training offers a video on searching the Proquest databases.
This database offers reliable, comprehensive coverage of the fields of nursing and allied health including journals, video, dissertations, reference books and more.
Proquest Training offers a video on searching the Proquest databases.
Users have the ability to easily manipulate the maps, magnify and zoom in on specific sections.
A search engine that provides access to Chemical Abstracts and MEDLINE. These resources index journal articles, book chapters, patents, conference proceedings, technical reports, and dissertations as well as book reviews and biological information. Also available is Chemistry Class Advantage™, a digital learning solution that engages organic chemistry students by helping them understand how the textbook concepts they learn in class relate to the world around them.
If you are trying to access SciFinder for the first time, click on register an account.
If you are on campus, specific instructions to register an account and access the database are here: How to register to use SciFinder.
To access the database remotely click here.
Includes 15-20 page signed essays on more than 2,000 authors and literary genres drawn from the acclaimed Scribner print series.
Provides full-text critiques of 200 frequently used Twayne Literary Masters books on individual World, US, or English authors, for a total of 900 individual titles.
Search for books at Magale Library and other area libraries.