Accessing eResources Remotely
Access to licensed library research materials (eResources) requires a special usernname/password combination.
To learn that username/password combination, login here, or call 318-869-5047.
Username: LOUIS2017 Password: LOUIS2017
Access to over 3,900+ e-books and 169+ e-journals the following subject areas focusing on innovative and timely research: Business and Management Information Science and Technology, Computer Science and Information Technology, Educational Science and Technology, Engineering Science and Technology, Environmental Science and Technology, Government Science and Technology, Library Information Science and Technology, Media and Communication Science and Technology, Medical, Healthcare, and Life Science and Technology, Security and Forensic Science and Technology, and Social Sciences and Online Behavior.
Free Trial Until May 1, 2018
This is a 12-month evidence based acquisitions project with LOUIS' Affordable Learning LOUISiana to provide free, open content textbooks to Louisiana college students. This project runs through Spring, 2018.
Subscription Database Index
Scholarly articles, news, and research on topics in most subject areas. Here is a video on how to search EBSCO databases.
Accesses ACS publications with content from 1996 through the current year. You can download the ACS Central Science app for easy access to groundbreaking research.
The American Chemical Society also has a YouTube channel here.
Covers topics including social sciences, biomedical sciences, and physical sciences reviews.
• Analytical Chemistry • Anthropology • Astronomy & Astrophysics • Biochemistry • Biomedical Engineering • Biophysics
• Cell and Developmental Biology • Clinical Psychology • Computer Science • Earth and Planetary Sciences
• Ecology, Evolution and Systematics • Entomology • Environment and Resources • Fluid Mechanics • Genetics
• Genomics and Human Genetics • Immunology • Law and Social Science • Materials Research • Medicine • Microbiology
• Neuroscience • Nuclear and Particle Science • Nutrition • Pathology: Mechanisms of Disease
• Pharmacology and Toxicology • Physical Chemistry• Physiology • Phytopathology • Plant Biology • Political Science
• Psychology • Public Health • Sociology • Virology • Vision Science
Offers authoritative reference content alongside magazine and journal articles, primary sources, videos, audio podcasts, and images. Covering a vast array of people from historically significant figures to present-day newsmakers.
This video shows the basics of using Biography in Context.
In-depth coverage of political and social issues, with regular reports on international affairs, education, the environment, technology, and the U.S. economy. There is an introductory overview; background and chronology on the topic; an assessment of the current situation; tables and maps; pro/con statements from representatives of opposing positions; and bibliographies of key sources.
A unique cross-referencing technology, Credo Reference delivers authoritative answers to millions of researchers worldwide. Publisher and Subject Collections offer libraries deep reference content from over 1200 reference titles. Here are some videos on how to conduct searches on Credo Online Reference Service.
• Abstracts in Social Gerontology • Academic Search Complete • Agricola • AHFS Consumer Medication Information
• Alt Health Watch • American Doctoral Dissertations 1933-1955 • Art Full Text • Art Index Retrospective 1929-1984
• Book Collection: Nonfiction • Business Source Complete • CINAHL Plus with Full Text • Computer Source
• E-Book Academic Collection • E-Book Collection • E-Journals • Educational Administration Abstracts • Environment Index
• ERIC (Educational Resource Information Center) • European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
• Family Studies Abstracts • Fuente Academica • Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia
• GeoRef • GreenFILE • Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition • History Reference Center
• Hospitality & Tourism Index • Human Resources Abstracts • Information Science & Technology Abstracts (ISTA)
• Legal Collection • Library/Information Sciences & Technology Abstracts (LISTA) with Full Text
• Literary Reference Center • MAS Ultra - School Edition • MedicLatina • MEDLINE • Mental Measurements Yearbook
• Military & Government Collection • MLA Directory of Periodicals • MLA International Bibliography • Newspaper Source
• Peace Research Abstracts • Philosopher's Index • Primary Search • Professional Development Collection • PsycINFO
• Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection • Public Administration Abstracts • Race Relations Abstracts
• Regional Business News • Religion and Philosophy Collection • Science & Technology Collection
• Serials Directory • Shock & Vibration Digest • SocINDEX with Full Text • Teacher Reference Center
• Urban Studies Abstracts • Vente et Gestion
Here is a video on how to search EBSCO databases.
Includes Encyclopedia Britannica, Britannica's Internet Guide, Multimedia files, an interactive world atlas, timelines, Book of the Year, Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary and Collegiate Thesaurus 10th Edition.
Maintained by the Department of Education, the ERIC website is the world's largest collection of education article citations. Here is an instructional video on searching ERIC.
Online collection of general and subject-specific encyclopedias on all major topic areas. Here is a video on how to conduct a search in Gale Virtual Reference Library.
A comprehensive Internet resource for research and communications in the geosciences.
Google Scholar provides a simple way to broadly search for scholarly literature. From one place, you can search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites. Google Scholar helps you find relevant work across the world of scholarly research.
ImportGenius.com databases give academics unprecedented insights into the shipping activities of importers and exporters around the world. Login with your Centenary College email address for access.
Main page http://www.importgenius.com/
Ingentaconnect provides researchers with online access to the full text of electronic articles, through online purchase of individual articles, or through subscriptions to publications.
JSTOR Arts and Sciences I, II, and III Interdisciplinary Collections
JSTOR is an online library of journals, academic ebooks, and primary sources. Here is a video on how to search JSTOR.
Users need to create a free account by clicking on the link above.
An interactive online learning platform of practice tests (GMAT, GRE, LSAT, MAT, and MCAT) and tutorial course series designed to help students succeed on the academic or licensing tests they must pass.
For graduate school practice tests and study books, mouse over the drop down menu for "All Centers" and click on "College Center". Under the "Resources" drop down menu, click on "Prepare for Graduate School Admissions Exams".
LexisNexis provides access to billions of searchable documents and records from more than 45,000 legal, news and business sources. Also provides access to Shepard's Citations service for all federal and states court cases back to 1789. Contains full text articles from key journals and is valuable for business, management, tax, and legal research.
For a brief overview of the new LexisNexis interface, refer to the following video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZg3tqBC17E
Biographies, bibliographies, and critical analyses of more than 120,000 authors from every age and literary discipline.
Here is a short video about how to conduct a search on Literature Resource Center.
A source which recalls the plots of the world's great works of literature or provides a concise summary of books worth reading.
Offers access to a carefully maintained and easily searchable database of reviews, abstracts and bibliographic information for much of the mathematical sciences literature.
Here is a video on search result sorting in MathSci Net.
Full-text searching of all OED's definitions, etymologies, and quotations.
This is the world's most comprehensive collection of multidisciplinary dissertations and theses from around the world, spanning from 1861 to the present day. Coverage includes business, health and medicine, history, literature and language, science and technology, social sciences, and the arts.
Proquest Training offers a video on searching the Proquest databases.
This database offers reliable, comprehensive coverage of the fields of nursing and allied health including journals, video, dissertations, reference books and more.
Proquest Training offers a video on searching the Proquest databases.
Users have the ability to easily manipulate the maps, magnify and zoom in on specific sections.
A search engine that provides access to Chemical Abstracts and MEDLINE. These resources index journal articles, book chapters, patents, conference proceedings, technical reports, and dissertations as well as book reviews and biological information. Also available is Chemistry Class Advantage™, a digital learning solution that engages organic chemistry students by helping them understand how the textbook concepts they learn in class relate to the world around them.
If you are trying to access SciFinder for the first time, click on register an account.
If you are on campus, specific instructions to register an account and access the database are here: How to register to use SciFinder.
To access the database remotely click here.
Includes 15-20 page signed essays on more than 2,000 authors and literary genres drawn from the acclaimed Scribner print series.
Provides full-text critiques of 200 frequently used Twayne Literary Masters books on individual World, US, or English authors, for a total of 900 individual titles.
Search for books at Magale Library and other area libraries.