(November 16, 2010)
Contact: Rick DelaHaya, Centenary News Services, 318.869.5073
College announces Thanksgiving Recess hours
SHREVEPORT, La. (Centenary News Service) — Due to the Thanksgiving holiday break, the following hours will be observed on campus:
Thanksgiving Day recess
* Begins Friday, Nov. 19 at 2 p.m.
* Classes resume Monday, Nov. 29 at 8 a.m.
* Close at 9 a.m., Saturday, Nov. 20
* Reopen at 11 a.m., Sunday, Nov. 28
The Centenary Post Office
* Thursday, Nov. 25, and Friday, Nov. 26: Closed
* Monday, Nov. 29: 8 a.m. — 4 p.m.
* Monday, Nov. 22—Wednesday Nov. 24: 6-8 a.m. and noon-7 p.m.
* Thursday, Nov. 25—Friday, Nov. 26: closed
* Saturday, Nov. 27—Sunday, Nov. 28: regular hours
* Will close Friday, Nov. 19 at 1:30 p.m. and reopen Sunday, Nov. 28 at 5 p.m.
* Will also close Friday, Nov. 19 at 1:30 p.m., and will reopen on Monday, Nov. 29 regular hours.
Meadows Museum of Art
* Thursday, Nov. 25: Closed
* Friday, Nov. 26: noon-4 p.m.
* Saturday, Nov. 27: 1-4 p.m.
* Sunday, Nov. 28: 1-4 p.m.
* Monday, Nov. 22 — Wednesday, Nov. 24: 8 a.m. — 4:30 p.m.
* Thursday, Nov. 25 — Saturday, Nov. 27: Closed
* Sunday, Nov. 28: 6 p.m. - midnight
About Centenary College of Louisiana
Centenary College is a private, four-year arts and sciences college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi River and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Centenary is one of 16 colleges and universities constituting the Associated Colleges of the South and has been recognized as "One of the Best 373 Colleges" by the Princeton Review and one of "America's Best Colleges" and one of "America's Best Private Colleges" by Forbes.com. In 2008 Centenary College celebrated 100 years in Shreveport and Bossier City.